Saturday, July 23, 2011

WELL, HELLO, THERE

..to anyone out there who's reading. I'm quite far from a blogging expert, so I guarantee that this will be a rough start. I don't even have a tumblr (I KNOW, BANISH ME TO HELL, RIGHT?!). But I'm willing to give this a try and see what if I've got what it takes.

So if you have, or have not, realized by now by the title of this blog, I am incredibly, obnoxiously, indubitably cheap.
A SKINFLINT is: noun informal
a person who spends as little money as possible; a miser.
Because cheapo, cheapskate, thrifty, miser, penny-pincher, tightwad, and piker were already taken. But I like the skinflint, so we'll stick with that.

ANYWHO, although I am ^all of the above^, I am addicted to clothing//FASHION OMGZ. However, I'm clearly not obsessed with fashion to the extent that I am willing to pay over $1,000 for a Christopher Kane dress (NO MATTER HOW MUCH I LOVE IT). Some people (at my ritzy-ass school) may say that I clearly do not have any appreciation for fashion if I don't own any designer merchandise, but they are free to think so, even if it's untrue.

I own designer things. Lots of designer things. But they are designer things that I found for 1/100th of the price on a broken clothing rack in a dingy antique store in the middle of nowhere. My clothes may be wacky/tacky, but I'm not breaking the bank to get them. My family has taught me to find deals almost invisible to the naked eye. And that's how I work.

And that's how this blog will work, as well. I hope you got this far in reading this mouth-full of a first post to realize what this blog will actually entail in the future. I will be posting pictures of my outfits and how much each piece costs/where exactly I got it as often as possible. (SPOILER ALERT: THEY'RE ALMOST ALWAYS A TOTAL OF LESS THAN $40 ...not for each piece. $40..TOTAL) I know there are about a trillion blogs that do this already (believe me, I check them daily, too), but I just want to prove you can be cheap and still be chic (or so I think).

Thanks. Enjoy. & Stay rich while doing so.
SKINFLINT

No comments:

Post a Comment